Until You Fall is a virtual reality (VR) sword fighting experience. This visually stunning game fuses mêlée and magic and empowers the player to become the master of their own martial style. Players will battle corrupted humanoids, monstrous creatures, and unknown horrors. Death is inevitable, though win or lose, players will make progress towards the next level.
- Composed six full length music tracks for different levels of the game each with varying instrumentation, and intensity.
- Thoughtfully designed music to contain five sections of music without jeopardizing the overall flow of the tracks. Each section of music corresponds to a section of the game-play loop.
- Crafted seamless and gap closing transitions in between loop-able horizontal sections of music that can be called at any time on any beat to transition to the next horizontal section of music so that while the player is going throughout the levels, they feel like they are listening to an entire song as opposed to only a few tracks that loop between each new level.
- Discussed music cohesion weekly with the directors of the project to see if the music was meeting the vision of the directors and Vice President’s of the project continuously from week to week.
- Thoroughly noted and examined feedback from directors and team members about the music in order to see what the next steps for the pieces of music would be.
- Implemented all music and transitions using Schell Game’s personal audio framework.
Software & Hardware
- Cubase 9.5
- Komplete 10 Ultimate
- Logic Pro X